Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rosalia Turns 1 :)






My baby cousin Rosalia had her 1st birthday party and she couldn't have been more excited. The party theme was a tea party. There was tea cups everywhere, including a tea cup pinada, which all my little cousins were ecstatic about. Everything was pink because obviously that is Lia's favorite color. She started the party off in her beautiful party dress and then changed into her hot pink rockstar outfit. She loved being around all of her family and being the center of attention. She is always happy and loves posing for pictures. Her favorite part of the party was opening her gifts. She was clapping and laughing. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I bought her baby Jordans (she is wearing them in the picture). They were so small and adorable. I had to get them! They were a bit hit! The rest of her gifts were things such as Uggs, a Burberry Jacket with matching rain boots, a Juicy sweatsuit, earrings, etc. I think she really got the best gifts a 1 year old could ask for.

Lia is the sweetest baby in the world. I love playing games with her and making her laugh. She is growing up so fast though. I want her to stay this way forever! I look forward to all the holidays coming up so that I can spend more time with her. I can't wait to see her holiday outfits and all the wonderful gifts she is going to get.

To think, I was once this small is mind boggling. My oh my does life go fast!




Vocabulary Review

Theme: (noun) a unifying or dominant idea
Ecstatic: (adjective) in a state of ecstasy
Obviously: (adjective) easily seen, recognized, or understood
Attention: (noun) notice or awareness
Pose: (verb) to assume a particular attitude or stance
Mind Boggling: (adjective) intellectually overwhelming

Vocabulary Practice

1. The boy's cough caught his mother's ______________.
2. Megan was working on a ______________ puzzle.
3. The woman ____________ for the painter.
4. The _________ of the school dance was Disney movies.
5. The man was ____________ because he won the lottery.
6. Charlie was _____________ upset because he was pouting and sitting in the corner.

Grammar Point - Slang

Slang is a very informal usage in vocabulary and idiom that is characteristically more metaphorical, playful, and vivid than ordinary language.
For example: I used the term mind boggling.
Another example: Hit the road
Pratice: Can you think of any other slang terms and when you would use them? Try to come up with 5 ideas!

Questions

Do you have any young children in your family?
What is your relationship like with them?
Can you think back to when you were a child?

2 comments:

  1. Rosalia! What a pretty name. There is an old Better Than Ezra song called Rosalia. Very pretty song as well.

    ReplyDelete