Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Hate Being Sick



I believe that there is nothing worse than being sick. High Fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, bad cough, and achy body; what else could go wrong?

I've been in bed for the past 3 days and this simply is not getting any easier. I have made the couch my place of rest. I have been bundled up in sweatshirts, sweatpants, and big chunky socks with the tv remote in hand and my dog by my side. I've watched about 20 movies already and the tv is starting to bore me, but how many naps can one possibly take? I'm full of chicken soup and orange juice. I'm sick of it all.

No one wants to come near me because after all, who wants to get sick? My sister keeps disinfecting everything I touch. It's actually kind of funny. This weather does not help either. It's cold and gloomy outside, which makes me just want to curl up on the couch anyways. I just want to get better and go out continuing my days as I would. The stress does not help either. I keep thinking about the work I have to do at my job, the classes I am missing at school, and the hours I have to put in for my pre-professional phase. This silly germ could not have come at a more worse of a time.

I am determined to say goodbye to this germ. Adios, ciao, auf wiedersehen, au revoir, adeus! Wish me luck and stay healthy folks!



Vocabulary Review

Bundled up: (verb phrase) to dress warm or snugly
Bore: (verb) to weary by dullness, tedious repetition, unwelcome attentions
Possibly: (adverb) perhaps, maybe
Disinfecting: (verb) to cleanse of infection, destroy germs
Gloomy: (adjective) dark, dim, deeply shaded
Determined: (adjective) decided, settled, resolved


Vocabulary Practice

1. The long speech was starting to ____________ me.
2. A blizzard was raging but the children were all ____________.
3. The dark sky seemed cold and __________ this morning.
4. It may ____________ rain today.
5. Michelle was ____________ to pass her spelling test.
6. The doctor was _____________ his tools before seeing the next patient.


Grammar Point - Verb Phrase

A verb phrase is a syntactic structure composed of the predicative elements of a sentence and functions in providing information about the subject of the sentence. For example, I used the verb phrase "bundled up" to give more information about the subject "I."
Practice: Write 5 sentences using verb phrases.


Questions

Have you been sick lately?
What do you do when you are sick?
Can you describe how you feel when you are sick in 5 words?

3 comments:

  1. Get better!
    On the bright side, you had time to blog./

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for useful publish. I am satisfied sure this publish has assisted me preserve many time of surfing around other identical content just to discover what I was looking for.

    Total health care providers

    ReplyDelete